March 18, 2013

Looking At Pictures

For the first time ever, I realize the life is a gift that is more precious than time. Although it is true that time is something that you can never get back once it passes, as true for life. But life is something much more. Yes... Life has time within it, but life also shares an emotion attached to that time.The time is much more relevant when I can somehow revisit that moment, where time and emotions shared the same space. A great way to revisit this moment, let's call it the past, is through an old fashioned method. Method that humans have used since the beginning of human consciousness. it's called remembering using memories. Memories notoriously have had a way of bringing the feeling of the past back to the present. It is a strong way of bringing back the feeling, but there is one another stronger. Pictures. Remembering the past is easier with the aid of a picture. Many memories can come from one picture. Each memory can have many emotions. In just one photograph, a few questions may present themselves in the mists of the memories that still remain unanswered in the present. An overwhelming emotion that laid dormant may be awakened and consume me at any moment in revisiting the past. I may also realize an answer to a question that I have been repeating over and over in the deepest parts of my mind. To me, pictures are the best way to bring the past into the present. Pictures may be interpreted into any opinion based solely off of what I can see, but the way i feel plays a big part in understanding what i am looking at. I can see a picture and see life in a moment in time. I can understand how the life within that picture fills that time and makes it important.

No comments:

Post a Comment